Tunnel development in India has picked up pace in the past few years on account of an increased uptake of projects involving longer tunnel lengths. The growth of tunnelling activity in India is driven by the robust pipeline of projects in the urban mass transit, railways, roads and highways, hydropower, irrigation, and water supply and sewerage sectors.
A number of landmark and challenging tunnel construction projects are under execution across sectors. Cutting edge technologies and equipment are being used for timely execution of tunnelling projects. New materials are also being deployed to improve the durability and strength of tunnels. With several project awards coming up across sectors, India's tunnel infrastructure is expected to expand significantly. It is estimated that over Rs 5 trillion worth of projects will be awarded in the next five years. As a result, opportunities for EPC contractors, technology providers, and raw material and equipment suppliers will increase significantly in the years to come.
The report will provide you the following:
• A comprehensive analysis of sector trends, developments and investment projections
• A detailed project pipeline of tunnelling projects
• Conventional and advanced tunnel construction technologies and techniques ™
• Sector-wise completed, ongoing and upcoming tunnel projects
• New equipment and materials being used for tunnel construction
• Case studies of complex tunnel projects executed and key learnings
• Key Issues and Challenges faced in tunnel construction and mitigation measures
Tunnelling in India – April 2020
- Product Code: